Frugality

Saturday, July 28, 2012

~Awesome Chore Card Idea For the Kiddos~

I was doing my usual surfing around the internet and came upon this AWESOME Chore Card idea posted by
She offers you the template right on her blog.
 I just downloaded it, added Mr.NBA's government name, printed on card stock and BAM we were ready to get to business. I had to come to the reality that as he nears this drive your mom crazy teenage stage sticker charts are definitely not happening.
 I ♥ the idea of the punch card system. I made a list for him and hung it up with chores he can do to earn punches(hole punches that is). What I'm beginning to ♥ more as we have been implementing this system is that it gives me more opportunities to recognize his nice gestures or respectful behaviors and commend him for them. 

Now for the REWARD part of all this...
Of course it will be different for everyone. Depending on what motivates your kiddo or what age range they are in. 
The motivator for this pre-teen and I'm sure every other one across America is MONEY.
We decided $3 a card!
When the card is full I hand him $3 and we both sign the back
 of the card. Did you know kids will try to get over on you any 
way possible? Well yea it happens and that is why we have 
the rule of signing the back. That way we both acknowledge 
money was exchanged and your sneaky smart child can 
not say later you owe them. 
I learned my lesson! 
I have lived it and done it for you...
 Take my advice!
Or you will "OWE" them forever.



1 comment: