Frugality

Friday, July 13, 2012

I WON A CAR PLAYING ONLINE GAMES - PROOF IT REALLY CAN HAPPEN!


 So part of the reason I choose to create more of an open blog 
is because there are so many other things I want to be able 
share with you all other then just coupon deals. 

One of those things is Instant Win Games and Online Contest.

THE REASON?

I WON A CAR AND SO CAN YOU!!!

My Story

One gloomy spring day I received a document via Fed-ex.
I was a little confused on what it may be so I opened it up to investigate.
There was a letter and a small army of carbon-copy documents. 
I read the letter and literally laughed it off. 

I WON A CAR? 

How many time have we all received bogus offers in the mail? 

 I showed it to AM and he was a little more of a believer.
He quickly pointed out it said "an online sweepstake".
Good point he had and it got me to thinking. 
HAD I PLAYED THAT GAME?
 Nothing rang a bell as I had played tons of online games.
I figured the easiest way to get to the bottom line was check online.
I went to the computer and pulled up the online sweepstakes archive.
 I searched and SURE ENOUGH there it was.
At that moment I started to lose my heart into my stomach. 
BUT even though I seen the proof online I still COULD NOT BELEVE IT. 
I don't know what it was, or maybe I do. 
THINGS LIKE THIS JUST DON'T HAPPEN RIGHT?

It had been 2 days and I was still trying to gather the courage to call
I swear I had nightmares of mean people laughing at my expense for being a believer.
I  really did not want to be the idiot on the other end of the line that fell for their cruel bait.

Anyhow I finally gathered the courage to call...
It rang a few times and I was sent to voice mail. 
The sweet sounding lady on the voice mails name matched the name that signed the document. 
I was gaining a little more faith. I left a message asking if she could please call me back.

I WILL NEVER FORGET THE CALL...
I received the call as I was waiting for AM to get out of class at the college.
 I stepped out the car when I seen the number on the screen.
 I really needed air!
 I was so nervous to even talk with her.
I was still in such complete denial that this was happening.
I answered, we greeted eachother and then IT CAME...
"CONGRATULATIONS, HOW EXCITING!". 
My exact response "SO THIS IS REAL???"
She of course laughed and proceeded to explain just how real it was.
I was litterally shaking at this point and don't remember much of the rest of our conversation.
 I just remember telling her I would get the documents out ASAP. 

AM was walking up as I was hitting my emotional point.
I fell into chest and balled my face off. 
balling went on for awhile...
A long while...
  How about we just move forward from my emotional being?
 I returned all paperwork and waited...
and waited...
Then after a month I was all checked out and had a voucher to obtain ANY
 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT-8
of my choice up-to a $50,000 Value

And that is exactly what I did!!!

Winning that car literally changed my life.
 I will explain over time the many great things that came out of this.

I want you to know it happens.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Now
 LET THE PLAYING BEGIN!




4 comments:

  1. congratulations! May I ask though what game it was that you actually won this from? Or what sweepstakes it was?

    Once again, congrats!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! The sweepstakes was put on by Dodge themselves. It was called the Dodge Red Zone Sweepstakes.

      Here is a current sweepstakes to win a 2013 Dodge Dart:
      https://www.srtmotorsports.com/win/dodge-dart/

      Delete
  2. Wow! I could not blame you for not believing at first. I mean, winning a car through an online game sounds too good to be true. There are a lot of swindlers out there, so it’s a great move that you double checked it first. Congratulations on your new car!

    Georgiana Jarvis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious as to how much out of pocket you ended up paying once the dust cleared...taxes fees ect

    ReplyDelete