Frugality

Friday, June 29, 2012

~Our 2012 Summer Stay-Cation~

 What in the world is a Stay-cation you might ask?

Compliments of Wikipedia here you go ---->

Staycation : Staycation is a period in which an individual or family 
stays and relaxes at home, possibly taking day trips to area attractions.

That is EXACTLY what this crazy little family will be doing this Summer.
I am actually pretty excited to explore our area, my boys not so much. 

Here is the reason behind our decision to have a stay-cation:

Last summer I surprisingly won tickets for my son and a friend to attend the Lebron James King's Academy Basketball Camp 
in San Diego, California. 
(I will explain this more in a separate post another time)


This is my Son's idol so needless to say we made it happen 
and planned a trip from Portland to San Diego in a week.
He spent 5 days in his heaven (Lebron James) and
 Mommy spent 5 days her Heaven
 (the pure amazing ocean air of San Diego). 
I'm telling you it was ♥ at first sight!

Our plan was to return this summer  
so Mommy could return to her oasis
 so Mr.NBA could attend camp again. 
Then we got the news...
Lebron was heading to the Olympics 
and camp would not be happening. 
I was heartbroken at first, ok STILL. 
But hey I look at the bright side of it. 
I have a whole extra year to make next years trip even more SPECTACULAR. 

Stay-Cation this year IT IS!!!

Be on the look out for the fun adventures
 we find to get into this summer around home.

Any suggestions on things for us to check out in the Portland/Vancouver area???


No comments:

Post a Comment